Sign in Create Account

About the music

Offline Drago-H
7 posts

for the music in game, since the creepypasta mentions that all the bosses had the same music as bosses from the original game, such as spacegodzilla having mechagodzilla's theme, and destoroyah having ghidora's theme, are you going to be using sounds from the original game as well as new sounds? because I've found two YouTube channels that have music from the original monster of monsters, as well as music from supergodzilla, for the mecha-king ghidora battle the channels are GBelair and Gbelair3.
Quote this message in a replyQuote
Offline psyke
Administrator
91 posts

(08-01-2015, 10:20 PM)Drago-H Wrote: for the music in game, since the creepypasta mentions that all the bosses had the same music as bosses from the original game, such as spacegodzilla having mechagodzilla's theme, and destoroyah having ghidora's theme, are you going to be using sounds from the original game as well as new sounds? because I've found two YouTube channels that have music from the original monster of monsters, as well as music from supergodzilla, for the mecha-king ghidora battle the channels are GBelair and Gbelair3.
Yes, the bosses that uses the musics from the original game will have the same musics as described in the original creepypasta, but I'm still looking for someone who can make 8 bits/chiptunes songs to help with the project.
Offline LavaSpinosaurus
2 posts

Maybe you could use Lucas C Gabet's music with his permission
Offline psyke
Administrator
91 posts

(10-20-2015, 12:28 AM)LavaSpinosaurus Wrote: Maybe you could use Lucas C Gabet's music with his permission
I listened to his musics, some of them are pretty good, but most of them sounds like the same, it lacks 8 bit sounds as well.
Offline Drago-H
7 posts

Vectormanoverkill has recently done an 8 bit soundtrack, maybe you could have a look at it?
Offline psyke
Administrator
91 posts

(11-02-2015, 10:57 AM)Drago-H Wrote: Vectormanoverkill has recently done an 8 bit soundtrack, maybe you could have a look at it?
I already listened to his 8 bit songs and didn't liked that much, honestly, some songs are just noises and not enjoyable at all. I think these songs are "spooky" in some way, but they're forgetting something very important: the NES feeling. I may sound like an annoying person, but CosbyDaf's sprites are excellent, and I am trying to make the gameplay as authentic as possible, so there must be a quality standard here, it's not because these songs are free that I'm going to use it.

It doesn't need to be on the same level of Ifukube's musics, but it HAS to sound like an NES game, only using 8 bit instruments is not enough.
Offline Drago-H
7 posts

Ah, I understand where you're coming from, after listening to them a few more times, I realise they don't sound as though they're from an nes. No worries.
Offline psyke
Administrator
91 posts

Yeah, they are very different from the original game. In my opinion, I think it's possible to create some spooky musics without using drone sounds or non 8 bit sounds.

I am looking something more like chiptune songs. Here are some examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh8HDM3XHIY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL6lHmOasLw

Maybe a mix between chiptune and NES music could work well in game. If you guys find more examples of musics, you can always give me suggestions.
Offline Ulysses
1 posts

This post was last modified: 01-05-2017, 02:26 PM by Ulysses
will you try to make as close to the orginial detail in the creepypasta
Offline psyke
Administrator
91 posts

(01-05-2017, 02:23 PM)Ulysses Wrote: will you try to make as close to the orginial detail in the creepypasta
I'm not the one who will create the musics, I'm still looking for someone to do that. But my plan is to keep the musics as close as possible to the original, while keeping the 8 bit feeling.

Designed by Audentio Design