Sign in Create Account

About the music

Offline JurassicJordan
1 posts

(11-02-2015, 01:43 PM)psyke Wrote:
(11-02-2015, 10:57 AM)Drago-H Wrote: Vectormanoverkill has recently done an 8 bit soundtrack, maybe you could have a look at it?
I already listened to his 8 bit songs and didn't liked that much, honestly, some songs are just noises and not enjoyable at all. I think these songs are "spooky" in some way, but they're forgetting something very important: the NES feeling. I may sound like an annoying person, but CosbyDaf's sprites are excellent, and I am trying to make the gameplay as authentic as possible, so there must be a quality standard here, it's not because these songs are free that I'm going to use it.

It doesn't need to be on the same level of Ifukube's musics, but it HAS to sound like an NES game, only using 8 bit instruments is not enough.
(11-02-2015, 01:43 PM)psyke Wrote:
(11-02-2015, 10:57 AM)Drago-H Wrote: Vectormanoverkill has recently done an 8 bit soundtrack, maybe you could have a look at it?
I already listened to his 8 bit songs and didn't liked that much, honestly, some songs are just noises and not enjoyable at all. I think these songs are "spooky" in some way, but they're forgetting something very important: the NES feeling. I may sound like an annoying person, but CosbyDaf's sprites are excellent, and I am trying to make the gameplay as authentic as possible, so there must be a quality standard here, it's not because these songs are free that I'm going to use it.

It doesn't need to be on the same level of Ifukube's musics, but it HAS to sound like an NES game, only using 8 bit instruments is not enough.
I like your attention to detail, I can help, I've got some music utilities that can make spot on NES voices, I can make the accurate 6 voice (2 pulses 2 triangles an noise and sample) sounds or as many voices as you need,  I can even add that annoying background buzz that the NES has or even make it sound like its coming from a TV. heres a link to a demo music set i made here with two songs, the original super mario bros with simple instrumentals and that factory-esque song from loony toons, with background buzz, bell samples, etc. If u want me to remake any music send me a midi file or example of what you want and I can do my best.
Quote this message in a replyQuote
Offline psyke
Administrator
72 posts

Hi JurassicJordan,

This is exactly the style of music I'm looking forward to. It would be great if you could make a test song so we can see if this is the right way to go.

Can you try to make something similar to this? 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbkOKrVdSEk&t=60s

I want to keep the songs somewhat similar to Goji73's videos.
But of course using the instruments and samples you described in your post. Also keep in mind that this is a freeware game and I can't pay you anything, I'm doing it on my free time.
Quote this message in a replyQuote

Designed by Audentio Design