Sign in Create Account

[Feedback] HUD & Level Up System

Offline psyke
Administrator
61 posts

Hi, I am planning on update the HUD to help the player to see things more clearly (small changes only), and I also want to make the Level Up system more functional. In the original game you never know when you are going to level up because it was kinda random and there wasn't any information telling you your experience points.

[Image: ngc__game____hud_and_level_up_system_fee...96zs61.png]

As you can see in the screenshot above, I made the Power bar blue and added a small bar below the player level. What do you think? Please give me your honestly feedback. Thanks!
Quote this message in a replyQuote
Offline DylanRocket
4 posts

I saw this on Deviantart and I'm liking the new HUD. Definitely a improvement over the original game's HUD!
Offline Drago-H
7 posts

Definitely an improvement over the sometimes haphazard levelling system in the original, and making the power bar blue makes it look much better in my opinion.
Would bosses have the same health and power bar colour scheme as the player, or would their bars both be red?
Offline psyke
Administrator
61 posts

Cool, glad you guys liked it.
And yeah, the bosses will have the same treatment.

[Image: new_hud.png]
Offline Godzilla1990s
1 posts

This post was last modified: 11-11-2015, 02:17 PM by Godzilla1990s
(09-05-2015, 12:53 AM)psyke Wrote: Cool, glad you guys liked it.
And yeah, the bosses will have the same treatment.

[Image: new_hud.png]
What about Red? Will both his life and power bars still be red?
Offline psyke
Administrator
61 posts

(11-11-2015, 02:17 PM)Godzilla1990s Wrote: What about Red? Will both his life and power bars still be red?
I don't think so. The color changing is a feature that helps the player to make the distinction between the health bar and the power bar.

The same thing will probably happen to Chimera, making the health bar with more than 16 colors is insane. I want to make the HUD more authentic to the NES in terms of complexity, so Chimera will have the default health bar (like the other bosses), the difference here is that every time his health goes below zero, the health bar is refilled.
Offline Drago-H
7 posts

If it's possible, could the chimera's health bar change colour each time it refills, to emulate the different colours he had in the original?
Offline psyke
Administrator
61 posts

(11-12-2015, 04:41 PM)Drago-H Wrote: If it's possible, could the chimera's health bar change colour each time it refills, to emulate the different colours he had in the original?
Yeah, this is something I had in mind. It's totally possible.
Offline Himself_The_Decker
1 posts

Different colors for health and power will sure be a helper.
And that little bar underneat the level is meant to be a XP bar?
Offline psyke
Administrator
61 posts

(11-12-2015, 06:07 PM)Himself_The_Decker Wrote: Different colors for health and power will sure be a helper.
And that little bar underneat the level is meant to be a XP bar?
Yes, that's the XP bar.
The XP that you gain is based on the maximum health of the monster you killed.

Designed by Audentio Design