Sign in Create Account

[Feedback] Passwords

Offline Legend31770
2 posts

This post was last modified: 12-30-2015, 08:22 PM by Legend31770
Could we maybe add a cheat that would add masks to Godzilla like a hedorah or gizora mask cheat to add some effect to the 8 bit monster
And a cheat that makes Godzilla float up or a few seconds when he falls into a bottomless pit instead of dieing.
Or one that speeds up the entire game so your reactions must be faster i order to survive.
Quote this message in a replyQuote
Offline psyke
Administrator
83 posts

(12-29-2015, 07:00 PM)Legend31770 Wrote: Could we maybe add a cheat that would add masks to Godzilla like a hedorah or gizora mask cheat to add some effect to the 8 bit monster
And a cheat that makes Godzilla float up or a few seconds when he falls into a bottomless pit instead of dieing.
Or one that speeds up the entire game so your reactions must be faster i order to survive.
I don't see the point of a cheat that adds masks to your monsters.
I'm thinking about a "God Mode" cheat that makes your monsters invincible, but it's not decided yet. There's not much you can do to avoid enemies in this game, so speeding up the game would not increase the challenge at all.
Offline Drago-H
7 posts

Maybe a password that leads to a text screen where you could read the original creepypasta?
Offline Zooky-Chan
1 posts

(04-07-2016, 10:54 AM)Drago-H Wrote: Maybe a password that leads to a text screen where you could read the original creepypasta?

I think that would be a bit difficult to do, considering the pasta is, like, 9 chapters long with large amounts of screenshots. Just look up the creepypasta if you want to read it.

Hmm, perhaps a boss rush mode? B0SS RUSH is a pretty good code to use, unless it doesn't have those letters. I think it would be just one fight after another with a menu to select a different monster. I'd imagine it would go in the groups of monsters introduced each stage and you'd gain monsters at the certain points at which they appear i.e You fight the Earth monsters, health restored, Pathos monsters, health restored, etc.

Perhaps also a "craft-a-fight" mode? You can pick a monster, pick an opponent and alter their health and power bars to decrease/increase difficulty? Add in some rewards like, I dunno, skins for your monster like a movie accurate Godzilla? Silver Solomon? Gold Godzilla? Just some food for thought.
Offline psyke
Administrator
83 posts

A password to read the creepypasta would not work because of the game resolution, I'm using the NES resolution (256x224), and since the creepypasta is very long, it would take lots of screens to show everything.

A Boss Rush password is something doable, maybe in the future, but a "craft-a-fight" is something very complex to add, it would require some extra efforts that I'm not sure it's worth it.

I want to add passwords that stay in the realm of a NES game and that are not very hard to implement, I'am not going to add passwords like: "Multiplayer Mode", "Play with Any Monster" and other stuff like that. If the idea is good and simple to implement, I'm all good.

Thanks for all your suggestions btw.

Smile
Offline Ampharosite
Mega Ampharos
11 posts

This post was last modified: 08-05-2017, 09:27 PM by Ampharosite
I have a few ideas, although most are just silly.
*M0TH T0 A FL4ME - Play the entire game with Mothra, and only Mothra
*ST1LL TH3 BE5T - Play the entire game with Solomon, and only Solomon
*L0LWUT - Everything is the same, except the goofy "GH1D0RAH" music replaces all other music in the game
*T0UH0U - Every enemy shoots three-way bullets (a silly reference to how Touhou Project is a well-known 'bullet hell' game)
*C0FFEE - Makes the player's monsters move and attack faster
*WIKIPEDIA - Unlocks all enemies in the Beastiary
*DJ ZILL4 - Unlocks all music tracks in the Jukebox
*NUZL0CKE - When a monster dies, they never come back (aside from a few story-required exceptions, of course)

That's all I have for now Smile
Offline Wackowithwhiteeyes
8 posts

This post was last modified: 08-13-2017, 05:01 AM by Wackowithwhiteeyes
Could be a good idea add some password who only work after finish the game for one or more times, or some password who need some conditions for be able to use, like beat  Ghidorah only with Mothra, and a password could unlock another playable characters with that condition, I mean, one of the importants part of a game are the secrets, and if someone just search for the password for internet the answer will make it too easy and bored to the player, but if you have to do somethings for use it, well, thats what make the difference between a simply game and a real game.
Offline psyke
Administrator
83 posts

(08-04-2017, 12:58 AM)Ampharosite Wrote: I have a few ideas, although most are just silly.
*M0TH T0 A FL4ME - Play the entire game with Mothra, and only Mothra
*ST1LL TH3 BE5T - Play the entire game with Solomon, and only Solomon
*L0LWUT - Everything is the same, except the goofy "GH1D0RAH" music replaces all other music in the game
*T0UH0U - Every enemy shoots three-way bullets (a silly reference to how Touhou Project is a well-known 'bullet hell' game)
*C0FFEE - Makes the player's monsters move and attack faster
*WIKIPEDIA - Unlocks all enemies in the Beastiary
*DJ ZILL4 - Unlocks all music tracks in the Jukebox
*NUZL0CKE - When a monster dies, they never come back (aside from a few story-required exceptions, of course)

That's all I have for now Smile
I guess most of your password ideas are possible to do, they're very simple to implement, but some of them I don't think it will be necessary to add.
Thanks!

(08-13-2017, 03:03 AM)Wackowithwhiteeyes Wrote: Could be a good idea add some password who only work after finish the game for one or more times, or some password who need some conditions for be able to use, like beat  Ghidorah only with Mothra, and a password could unlock another playable characters with that condition, I mean, one of the importants part of a game are the secrets, and if someone just search for the password for internet the answer will make it too easy and bored to the player, but if you have to do somethings for use it, well, thats what make the difference between a simply game and a real game.
I have some plans on adding unlockable features after beating the game.
To be honest with you, Password Systems are outdated on video games nowadays, I added the password menu just for the nostalgia factor. If there will be anything like extra playable characters, they're going to be something you unlock throughout the game.

But it's too soon to think about that at the moment, in the future I will create a new thread here on the forums to ask for some feedbacks regarding unlockable stuff as well.

Smile

Designed by Audentio Design