Sign in Create Account

[Feedback] Controller mapping

Offline bobbyjohnford
1 posts

I had some trouble when setting controls for my PC controller. The game didn't want to recognize the dpad pushes, but did recognize the button pushes. Nothing big, just reporting.
Quote this message in a replyQuote
Offline psyke
Administrator
91 posts

(07-01-2017, 02:47 AM)bobbyjohnford Wrote: I had some trouble when setting controls for my PC controller. The game didn't want to recognize the dpad pushes, but did recognize the button pushes. Nothing big, just reporting.

Hi bobbyjohnford,

This is a expected behavior, most of the controllers the dpad are just axis and you can't map them, when you configure your controller in the Input menu, it should skip the UP, DOWN, LEFT and RIGHT buttons.

I do have plans to make the analog stick work in the future, so you will have more option to move your character.
Offline Retarted
5 posts

(07-07-2017, 12:49 PM)psyke Wrote:
(07-01-2017, 02:47 AM)bobbyjohnford Wrote: I had some trouble when setting controls for my PC controller. The game didn't want to recognize the dpad pushes, but did recognize the button pushes. Nothing big, just reporting.

Hi bobbyjohnford,

This is a expected behavior, most of the controllers the dpad are just axis and you can't map them, when you configure your controller in the Input menu, it should skip the UP, DOWN, LEFT and RIGHT buttons.

I do have plans to make the analog stick work in the future, so you will have more option to move your character.

Speaking of controller mapping do you think it could be possible to run controllers such as NES controllers I believe there are some plugins (physical ones not downloads) that allow an nes controller to function on a PC...

Also for a possible mobile version since there are already rom emulators for most mobile smart phones it's possible to map the controls to said buttons one example of a mobile emulator is John nes emulator[Image: destoroyah.png]
Offline psyke
Administrator
91 posts

(11-05-2017, 08:41 PM)Retarted Wrote:
(07-07-2017, 12:49 PM)psyke Wrote:

Hi bobbyjohnford,

Speaking of controller mapping do you think it could be possible to run controllers such as NES controllers I believe there are some plugins (physical ones not downloads) that allow an nes controller to function on a PC...

Also for a possible mobile version since there are already rom emulators for most mobile smart phones it's possible to map the controls to said buttons one example of a mobile emulator is John nes emulator[Image: destoroyah.png]
I'm not sure about original NES controllers, but you can buy a cheap USB NES controller on ebay or amazon like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Controll...Src=detail

I have one of these and they work fine.

As for a mobile version, it's not gonna happen because of copyright issues, and keep in mind that this is not a Rom Hack, this is a standalone PC game written from scratch, so you can't emulate it.

Designed by Audentio Design