Sign in Create Account

In comparison to the original game

Offline Stoob
2 posts

This post was last modified: 07-26-2017, 05:49 PM by Stoob
I've noticed three things in the demo that are different in the original game, and I'm not talking about the obvious changes to make the game easier (such as the blue power bar, or Mothra's new ability).

The first thing is something i think is being worked on, small ships such as the yellow ones that come in fours as well as the missiles that are launched from the ground vehicles bounce away when they are hit with Mothra's projectiles and Godzilla's attacks in the original game. In the demo they just explode like every other enemy. Its not a huge deal its just something ive noticed.

The others I'm not exactly sure are intentional or not:

Sometimes after a monster is defeated, in my case Godzilla, and i enter a stage as Mothra, the music stops, but continues until i go to the next screen. I could see this being intentional as it does make the game seem creepier.

When on the board and an enemy is near one of your monsters, you can choose not to attack them and do the stages around them without encountering the enemy. In the original game when attempting to escape an enemy that is right next to you, the message box would say "Unable to advance, contacting the enemy". I'm not sure if this was done to make the game easier, but i have no problem with it as the original game's difficulty was intense.

Other than that i was able to find no other differences to the original game. I do love all the work being put into this game as it was one of my favorites as a kid. I eagerly await the release. I hope this wasn't too picky, thank you.
Quote this message in a replyQuote
Offline psyke
Administrator
91 posts

Hi,

I will comment on each item you've mentioned:

Quote:The first thing is something i think is being worked on, small ships such as the yellow ones that come in fours as well as the missiles that are launched from the ground vehicles bounce away when they are hit with Mothra's projectiles and Godzilla's attacks in the original game. In the demo they just explode like every other enemy. Its not a huge deal its just something ive noticed.
That was a decision I made. I didn't liked that feature in the original because it looks silly and also is not a good indicator to show that you've killed/destroyed the enemy, in other words, making the enemy explode is a better indicator when you have a lot of things on the screen happening at the same time.

Quote:Sometimes after a monster is defeated, in my case Godzilla, and i enter a stage as Mothra, the music stops, but continues until i go to the next screen. I could see this being intentional as it does make the game seem creepier.
This is a bug that I'm already aware of it and it will definitely be fixed in the next version (sorry to disappoint you about the creepy stuff haha).

Quote:When on the board and an enemy is near one of your monsters, you can choose not to attack them and do the stages around them without encountering the enemy. In the original game when attempting to escape an enemy that is right next to you, the message box would say "Unable to advance, contacting the enemy". I'm not sure if this was done to make the game easier, but i have no problem with it as the original game's difficulty was intense.
This was also a decision I made, because it makes no sense asking the player if he/she wants to fight the enemy if the only answer is "YES", that's why I removed that feature.

Quote:Other than that i was able to find no other differences to the original game. I do love all the work being put into this game as it was one of my favorites as a kid. I eagerly await the release. I hope this wasn't too picky, thank you.
Thanks, and don't worry about that, every feedback is welcome.

Biollante
Quote this message in a replyQuote

Designed by Audentio Design