Sign in Create Account

Alternate chase level completion methods?

Offline Mike
4 posts

I have been wondering about how these chase level's with RED will actually work. I know the first two are very straight forward, just run to the end while avoiding obstacles. But what about the one where you have to outrun RED while submerged in a lake of blood? What if you used a monster that could have performed differently in the level, like Mothra? Wouldn't she just be able to fly over the lake of blood rather than diving into it? If so, what would happen? And what about the Entropy world chase? Will the exit be in a random place, or will it be place in a specific location? These are just some things I've been curious about for a while.
Quote this message in a replyQuote
Offline Wackowithwhiteeyes
9 posts

(10-27-2017, 05:44 AM)Mike Wrote: I have been wondering about how these chase level's with RED will actually work. I know the first two are very straight forward, just run to the end while avoiding obstacles. But what about the one where you have to outrun RED while submerged in a lake of blood? What if you used a monster that could have performed differently in the level, like Mothra? Wouldn't she just be able to fly over the lake of blood rather than diving into it? If so, what would happen? And what about the Entropy world chase? Will the exit be in a random place, or will it be place in a specific location? These are just some things I've been curious about for a while.

I have been wondering the same, but I suppose the levels will be conditioned for the use of any monster, example is in the case of the level with the lake of blood, in case you choose Mothra the level will allow you to pass over the lake of blood flying and RED will change to its flight form instead of its aquatic form, or in another case the level may allow you to pass only with the use of a specific monster, and in case of selecting another monster you are not allowed to play that level until you choose the right monster
Offline Retarted
5 posts

(10-27-2017, 10:11 PM)Wackowithwhiteeyes Wrote:
(10-27-2017, 05:44 AM)Mike Wrote: I have been wondering about how these chase level's with RED will actually work. I know the first two are very straight forward, just run to the end while avoiding obstacles. But what about the one where you have to outrun RED while submerged in a lake of blood? What if you used a monster that could have performed differently in the level, like Mothra? Wouldn't she just be able to fly over the lake of blood rather than diving into it? If so, what would happen? And what about the Entropy world chase? Will the exit be in a random place, or will it be place in a specific location? These are just some things I've been curious about for a while.

I have been wondering the same, but I suppose the levels will be conditioned for the use of any monster, example is in the case of the level with the lake of blood, in case you choose Mothra the level will allow you to pass over the lake of blood flying and RED will change to its flight form instead of its aquatic form, or in another case the level may allow you to pass only with the use of a specific monster, and in case of selecting another monster you are not allowed to play that level until you choose the right monster

Though if a chase level requires a specific monster and said monster dies then what? I guess the chase could change into a different setting
Offline psyke
Administrator
91 posts

Honestly: I have no idea. I haven't dive much deep into this subject because I'm still working on Mars, so there is a long way before I start working on the other planets, but I'm open to new ideas and discussions about the other planets.

The problem with the creepypasta is that there are a lot of things that are inconsistent in terms of Level Design. CosbyDaf didn't wrote the creepypasta from a Game Developer perspective (and I don't blame him for that), so there are some flaws that I'm going to correct throughout the course (like walking for 7 minutes in the "Unforgiving Cold" stage).

I think the best solution at the moment is to make the level behave the same for all the monsters. I could add some obstacles to prevent Mothra from cheating (like adding rocks at the top of the stage or something like that, so she would have to dive into the lake anyway).

If you have any more ideas please let me know.

Designed by Audentio Design